Sunday 30 March 2014

Craft Barn Challenge Travel/Flowers

When I read this challenge the first thought that came into my head was:
 Sweet Dreams are made of these,
 Who am I to disagree,
 I travel the world and the seven seas,
 Everybody is looking for something. 

By Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart.

So my challenge was to come up with a page that reflects how bizarre that could be, and after a week of thinking and annoying two non crafty people at work I got it. I wanted a lady on a bed going around the world with seas at the bottom. Originally the was going to be a sun and moon but that did not fit in. I started with painting the page from light to dark blue in water colour. I added some dyllusions spray in blue and white while the was still wet. Next I added the world using Graphic 45 paper of a steam punk lady and waves made of tissue paper and wool. Then I sprayed with gold sparkle to give a starry night feel. I chose The Lady of Shalott and cut her out of her boat and put her on a rough suggestion of a metal bedstead. I flipped the image around so she is going the wrong way round the world. Some pastels to add finishing touches and I am pleased with the result. I am certain it is 'out there' enough.











No comments:

Post a Comment