Sunday, 31 May 2015


This weeks craft barn challenge is travel. It my is my Dads birthday this week and he use to sail an enterprise called Mad Moggy no E12929 every weekend. He probably still would if he could. So it is fitting that his birthday card has a boat on it.

A cople of months ago I learnt how to iris fold at the Tuesday craft club. One of the designs in Dawns book was a boat an I knew then it would be perfect for Dad. I needed to make a background thouhg so out came the inks and stencils and a sea and sunny sky was made...well sort of.

Hope you like.

Sunday, 3 May 2015

Night and Day

When on holiday recently we looked across the bay and saw what looked liked a giant owl with glowing yellow eyes. In the day we could not make out the shape at all and assumed it was how the beach lift there was lit. But what if it wasn't. What is night shows the true image...

So the craft barn gave a challenge night and day and this gave me an oportunity to explore. I started with 2 tags and grunge pasted a skull on each. I gesso'd one black and one white. On the day one I painted it pale blue and added rocks and a red and white lighthouse. On the night one I added a black lighthouse and highlighted the skull.

I then decided to make a journalling page out of it all. No white space - sorry Dina  I forgot about that but I did ground my lines. I hope this fits in okay with the day and night challenge.

Craft Barn Callendar: magenta and flowers.

This month is magenta and flowers. This threw me a little, what colour is, mauve, redy purple and also I am not good with flowers. But hay hoy thats why it is a challenge.

I started with an idea by Anna-Karen Evaldsson from May edition of craft stamper. I used grunge paste through a flower stencel, using just the flower bits and not the leaves. Anna-Karen then used water colours and stamps. I used stronger water colour background using my ink tense pencils and blocks but went for stronger colour and more flicking. Less is suppose to be more..pah! I added colour to the petals so the flowers stood out and used distress ink put on with cotton buds and smudged. Oh and a butterfly stamp in an ink that would blur when wet. Lastly I added some silvery/lilac guilding wax to bring out the texture of the flowers. For the month I stamped straight over the picture. I had to go over with a pen as ink didnt show as strong as I wanted.

Hope you like, I think I have a magenta...just.