Sunday 16 February 2014

Craft Barn challenge strong/miss

At first I did not know what to do for this. I looked at lyrics but nothing tickled my fancy and then I came across a quote by Eleanor Roosevelte;

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

And then I saw the stamp and thought yes this is so me. One drink I can not do without and have never turned down is (no not wine!) is tea. It is excellent for all occasions happy or sad - 'shall I put the kettle on?' is the best question and the answer is always Yes! I also like my tea with a drip of milk and a good suntan so this is the quote for me.

I stuck some tea cup paper on my pad and covered it with a pink silks acrylic glaze. I stencilled bits and bobs with gesso and stamped the ladies eyes. Then some dylusion spray in a nice tea colour and when dry I painted over some parts with orange acrylic glaze. This gave the gesso a tea coloured look. I stamped on the main lady and added bits of glaze where needed. Finally the words and some cut out tea cups. The silks acylic glazes are lovely as they are very translucent and you can build up colour and layer but still see the original background.





Hope you like.




No comments:

Post a Comment