Saturday 1 February 2014

Craft Barn challenge silence and/or dazzle

Although I have missed the first one I thought the quotes and lyrics challenge sounded great fun. So, this week is silence and/or dazzle. I went for silence and a quote by the His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

I painted the page - well dragged acrylic paint across it with my co op card, using the colours of the Tibetan prayer flags which are blue, white, red, green and yellow. They are always repeated in this order and represent the elements of sky, cloud, fire, water and earth.

On the left the faces are covered in Buddhist text, then pictures monks and the Dalai Lama, this I painted magenta to represent the robes. On the right the face are covered in writing about war and pictures of armies including the Chinese army marching past the Potala Palace in Tibet, this I painted grey to represent war. This face has words emanating from it.


Next I added paint to other card, added the quote and stuck on. Finally I got my pastels out and added detail. I am really pleased with outcome and who knows maybe sometimes I will remember to be silent and not react.



No comments:

Post a Comment