Monday 14 July 2014

Alice In Wonderland

Hi

This canvas is a blatant copy of one made by Alicia Hayes www.aliciaartshop.com who is featured in July/August Somerset Studio magazine. I love the colours and Nigel (long suffering craft widow) loves Alice in Wonderland.

The above are the original photos from the magazine. Alicia Hayes painted straight onto the canvas which is much too scary for me.

I used spray inks on the background and while the layers were drying I painted each character with water colour inktense on watercolour paper. They where then cut out and stuck on the background. As you can see mine didn't all fit on and the queen is partly walking of the canvas, but I think that's OK.  Finally I used pastels to blend the characters with the background and inktense for the ground.




Nigel loves the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment