Monday 9 June 2014

Craft Barn Challenge Mountain and/or Mistake

My most favourite bands of all time is Pink Floyd. I was lucky enough to go and see them them live in London performing The Wall. So, this was the story of Pink (based on Roger waters and Syd Barrett a former member) and he builds a wall around himself because of everything that has happened to him.The song I have chosen is 'The Show Must Go On' and the lyrics are as follows, it is only a short song but full of feeling.

Ooooh, Ma, Oooh Pa
Must the show go on?
Ooooh, Pa. Take me home
Ooooh, Ma. Let me go

There must be some mistake
I didnt mean to let them 
Take away my soul.
Am I too old, is it too late?

Ooooh, Ma, Ooooh Pa,
Where has the feeling gone?
Ooooh, Ma, Ooooh Pa,
Will I remember the songs?
The show must go on.


In the story Pink builds a wall around himself so, I have taken a picture of Roger Waters and placed it behind a wall. 

I stuck a picture of Waters on the page and them added texture paste. Then I stuck on the lyrics which I printed on normal copy paper. Next I added colour with silks acrylic glaze pretty peridot. It is very translucent and the words show through and of course you have to have some dylusions, I chose the melted chocolate. I then used more texture paste though a mask to add the wall, I tried to do this with a light hand so as not to mask all the lyrics. As the paint was barely dry the silks colour came through on the paste. I emphasised some of the words and added more around the edges. 

I am really pleased with this and feel the picture of roger Waters really blends in.







No comments:

Post a Comment