Wednesday 8 January 2014

Finishing Touches

Hi

After all the Christmas crafting my room was looking well used....

No paper or craft product was harmed or accidentally thrown away in clearing up this space. I did however find a few mugs, plates, wine glasses and an empty wine bottle...









I also found I had about 10 scrap pages nearly but not quite finished. You know the ones, you come home from a class or crop and think I will finish that but then something else takes your fancy. So New Year was spent adding finishing touches.

These three are what I created with the talented Linda Knight at a workshop in Bournemouth. It was was great meeting up with everyone and meeting new people just as obsessed as me.

Spread Your Wings..

 I am not usually keen on painting a whole page in acrylic but this I liked. We put on  texture with paste, ribbons, card and lace. Then painted. We added a gold sparkly stuff (didn't make notes so don't know what it is called!).  Embellishment were added afterwards so you did not have a page all the same colour. These pictures were taken at Highclere on a lovely day spent with Val my Mum in Law.

Sculpture in the Gardens.

This was a good old torn paper, embellishments and
splatter of paint. Very much my comfort zone. The photo is a Sculpture from Hillier Gardens. It was perspex hanging in the tree. The way the light shone through changed the colour of everything beautifully.





A Fisherman's Prayer.


This page was done using water colour paints on wet watercolour paper. We were meant to use 2 colours but I used 3. We then stamped on using bleach which was great fun. I loved this. It was going to be for another picture but thought the orange reflected the buoys in the picture of a fishing boat in Mevagissey Harbour. I added the Fisherman's Prayer by Bernard Moore as my main journaling.





I had an excellent day as did the girls I went with Ann and Lesley.

My room is now usable and my projects finished so I am ready for what the New Year has to throw at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment