Sunday 8 September 2013

So this weekend I have put ink to canvas. I have never done this before and saw an article in craft stamper and thought yes I must give that a go. I have added a photo and some flowers and stuff to put my own stamp on it so to speak. The photo was taken at the secret garden at Highclere aka as Downtown Abbey. There were loads of butterflies and so beautiful I got carried away with taking pictures.


I started by adding butterfly tape and then put gesso randomly over it.

I added the photo early on as I wanted it to blend in with the canvas. That worked well as it got splattered with the inks as I went a long. I used gesso between each layer making sure everything was dry. I did panic when the shapes of the stencils smudged a bit but realised that was what is meant to happen.




The finished product. I added flowers and butterflies. I really enjoyed the freedom and randomness of this. It was very liberating and great fun! As a first attempt I am really pleased.

I used dylusions ink sprays, distress paint, cosmic shimmer and archival ink pads. I used various stencils and stamps. The paper at the top is the secret garden by graphic 45. Dont you just love graphic 45!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment