Sunday 6 March 2016

What is the bravest thing you have done and what do I see in the mirror.

The last two Wanderlust themes have been inter-connected. What is the bravest thing  you have done and what do you see you see when you look in the mirror.

So the bravest thing I have done is let go of the past. It was weighing me down. I feel so much better without the regrets, fears, anxiety, wishing to change what cant and failures. I cant change it but I can learn and move on.

So on to what I see in the mirror. It has always fascinated me that I see the opposite in the mirror than what others see. That probably is true as I hide myself from some. I have wanted to create a stencil of myself since seeing it it in Dina Wakley's book art journal courage. What I see in the the mirror is a strong creative girl. Who loves life and is happy to be herself. However not sure that is what others see though. A Mum, wife or work colleague? So I took a picture of myself and altered through photoshop using threshold. I saved and printed onto card.


I then cut out the black bits to make a stencil. I used both sides to make my images. One I show as internal and within my head, and the other free.

I then just wrote....

Hope you like

No comments:

Post a Comment